TheCanberra5 is a big believer in shopping local, and this Christmas we have searched for 5 amazing gifts from local small businesses. An extra bonus is that they’re all stocked in the one place! Pop Cbr is a pop-up shop, stocking over 40 local small businesses. The store is a treasure trove- the longer you spend there, the more gorgeous pieces you will find. They’re located at the corner of Edinburgh Avenue and Phillip Law Street in NewActon, until Sunday the 23rd December.
This is in no way a sponsored post- we’re just super enthusiastic about supporting Canberra locals!
So without further adieu, we bring you 5 amazing local gifts …
CrushSkincareCo. has a gorgeous range of natural vegan body scrubs that are to die for! A decadent gift that will leave the recipient feeling relaxed and indulged.
TeaGardenCo. produce an amazing range of local teas and tea-infused gin! They have divine tea flavours, including GingerbreadMan and SleighMyName, and they are packaged beautifully! A unique gift for the tea lover and the gin lover!
LeavesandFibers create charming plant holders. Using natural fibers and simple knots, these plant holders are the perfect addition to your home decor and also the perfect Christmas present.
The boys from SBC create the most scrumptious pasticcini. These biscuits are melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. Your Christmas guests will be super impressed when you whip out these bad boys!
The range of spirits from TheCanberraDistillery are simply scrumptious! Glittery musk vodka, anyone?! One of our favourites is the collaboration with HerCanberra– the Earl Grey Tea Gin. Add a splash of citrus and the gin changes colour!
So there you have it, Canberra! 5 amazing ways to support local this Christmas.
From our families to yours, TheCanberra5 wish you a very Merry Christmas and New Year!
Last week, we brought you 5 kid-friendly cafes in Canberra. This week we bring you … 5 Awesome Reasons to Head to the Handmade Canberra Markets! We went down to EPIC on the last Market weekend to check out the goods, and this is what we found …
5. Gifts Galore!This is THE spot to do your Christmas or birthday present shopping! Make sure you turn up cashed up, I can guarantee your wallet will be empty by the end of your visit.
4. Fabulous Fashion and Jewellery!Fashion is another strong point at Handmade Canberra. We found some exquisite pieces for women, which are flattering and have a variety of sizes.
3. Cool kid’s stuff!We all know that kids loves a present, and if you want unique and quality presents that impress, this is the place to buy! I saw so many items that would make the perfect birthday or Christmas gifts.
2. Delicious Dining and Drink!We all need to eat, so why not do it properly! We advise you to come with an empty stomach and stretchy pants. Whether you want to eat at the markets or grab some quality ingredients, this is the place.
1. So much Canberra!TheCanberra5 love anything Canberra-orientated, and there are so many great CBR products and services under one roof (actually, they’re up to about three roofs at EPIC now!)
Handmade Canberra- one of the best Canberra markets around! Head down in a few weeks to check it out for the 10th Birthday celebrations. 20th-21st October, 2018. EPIC, Flemington Road and Northbourne Ave, Mitchell ACT 2602.